PC Gamer Uk Disc editions

More
4 months 1 week ago #1200 by Tricky
Replied by Tricky on topic Site Closure!!
Would love to see those given some priority! I'll donate $50 for the 30 odd that I'm missing in that range. :P

Hey maybe that's something you can consider in future. Bids for priorities, paid upfront.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #1203 by Kiwi
Replied by Kiwi on topic Site Closure!!
Hahaha!! I just have too many damned mags that need scanning. That's my problem!!

Once I get CG:SP and Dreamcast Official (Japan) done I will see how things are on the site. If everything is good in the world of OGM and I decide to keep the site running PC Format and PC Gamer (both UK and USA variants) would be high on my priority list for scanning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark, Tricky, HUNZso

More
4 months 1 week ago #1206 by larare
Replied by larare on topic Site Closure!!
If Kiwi doesn't mind I can post a MF link for those pdf mags I have from DVDs, just for the people who follow this thread and are interested, or I could send it via private message (except I think there's no PM system here). They are from DVDs I downloaded, not physical copies I had. About 20 files ranging from 2008 to 2011.

More
4 months 1 week ago #1208 by Kiwi
I have no problems. Heck I probably would grab them myself just for the sake of it!!

More
4 months 1 week ago #1223 by larare
Replied by larare on topic Site Closure!!
Ook, these are the "Disc Edition" pdfs I have:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

potjekoffie48 will you be able to upload those pdfs you mentioned?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jccalhoun, majin_zeroth, Tricky, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973

More
4 months 1 week ago #1224 by Kiwi
I have seen these disc editions before. Why the heck they created these then never made them available as digital editions on their magazine apps is beyond me? Seriously, they clearly had the digital layout. All they had to do was add the advertising material and they could have sold them as full editions. Gotta wonder at the mentality in their offices.

What was the significance of the December 2009 cut off date that they used on the magazine app?
The following user(s) said Thank You: potjekoffie48

More
4 months 1 week ago #1230 by potjekoffie48
The makers have made a separate PDF of each article from the PC Gamer. I will number these PDF's and then merge them into one PDF. After that I will upload the files (january till Christmas issue) to Kiwi as soon as possible. I don't know if they have done this with multiple years in this way.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #1233 by Kiwi
Replied by Kiwi on topic PC Gamer Uk Disc editions
OMG!!! They are like the OPSX mags I received from someone ages ago. Every article was separate and you had to literally open each one to find the page number to get them all in order. It was a pain in the ass. As I said previously, I have physical copies of issues from 58 thru 120 so if they are in this range I'd say don't bother. Unless you have masochistic tendencies on the other hand in which case I'd say "If it floats your boat then ..... " :lol:
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Kiwi.

More
4 months 1 week ago #1235 by potjekoffie48
I started numbering after posting my message and am now at issue 2. Takes 10 till 15 minutes for each issue. Don't worry, 2 issues every day and it takes a week. Have time, at the moment thunderstorm after 1 hot day in the Netherlands ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: larare, etphonehome1973

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds