New Releases 09/20

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2300 by Kiwi
Replied by Kiwi on topic New Releases 09/20
I have re-uploaded Nintendo Official Magazine issue 120, you know, the wacky double front to back, back to front, I'm going insane thinking about it issue so if you cannot be bothered reordering the pages yourselves then avail yourself of kitsunebi's handiwork by re-downloading it. That's the last I want to hear or think about of this damned thing!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark, slider1983

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2301 by kitsunebi
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skipster, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2302 by Kiwi
Something completely different today with Jason receiving a box donated by JabbaTheGamer of Game Developer. He is starting to scan these and the first off the scanner is Vol.02-06 which is now available.

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: slider1983, rekk1, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2303 by kitsunebi
Replied by kitsunebi on topic New Releases 09/20

Kiwi wrote: the first off the scanner is Vol.02-06 which is now available.

I thought for sure that this meant Vol.2 through Vol.6 and checked the download page to see what the other 4 covers looked like....:S

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2304 by Kiwi
I'm lazy. Can't be bothered writing issue in there every time. Done it heaps of times before. Amazing you haven't seen it before now. But I believe there are plenty more of these to come so maybe there will be a Vol.06-xxx in there somewhere. :lol:

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2305 by kitsunebi
Next time you should wait until you can upload a bunch at once. Say...Vol.6-2, Vol.6-3, Vol.6-4. Vol.6-5, Vol.6-6? Then you could say: "Now available: Vol.6-2-6-6!" Or would that be Vol.6-2-6? :lol:

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2306 by Kiwi
PlayStation 2 Official (UK) gets a ten pack release with issues 55 - 59, 61 - 65 now available as work through Nipedley's massive pile of submissions.

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, slider1983, Skipster, rekk1, Tricky, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2313 by slider1983
Replied by slider1983 on topic New Releases 09/20

Mark wrote: Yeah, I see your point. In the original experience, the physical copy would be flipped and pages would be read sequentially. There isn't really a perfect way to represent this in digital format. I can see why others have kept the sequential flow, sans the physical flipping which can't really be translated to the digital experience. Seems to be the logical approach.

Reminds me of a couple of Retro Gamer specials where they combined Mega Drive/Snes and Master System/Nes and each side has a cover and linear page progress till the middle.

Kiwi wrote: Truthfully though, I can't be buggered playing around with it. Apart from the upside down issue the thing is pretty much how the original was purchased. I hate the thought of the back cover being at page 67 just for the sake of reading it but hey, it's a goddamned rar file so anyone can just order the pages how it suits them right? It's not like I released it as a PDF or anything like that so if anyone wants to fiddle with it, by all means fiddle with it to your hearts content :)

I use ScantoPDF for my scanning. Great application and it allows me to re-edit and re-order PDF pages. :P

kitsunebi wrote: Listen, I don't care a fig for Nintendo or any videogame magazines personally. I'm NEVER going to read this mag, and normally wouldn't even have downloaded it. But uploading mags that can't be read because their page numbering is wrong is an affront to everything good magazine scanners stand for, and if nothing else, I'd like to consider myself a good magazine scanner. I can't stress enough how much it bothers me having a file this broken available to download at a site I have my own scans shared at, since it taints my scans by association. This isn't some no-standards file dump like the Internet Archive - we shouldn't upload files that are flawed to a degree that they can't be read correctly.

I know I'm asking for trouble asking the obvious but if you don't care about video game magazines why would it create OCD for you? There's an upcoming mag scanned I have to give to Kiwi that has a couple of incomplete pages (damn ebay seller never told me about that) but while it's slightly incomplete it's on there, it can be read. Kiwi says it's fine. The good so far outweighs the negative and this is coming from someone who's a stickler for completeness. There are other issues of magazines with missing pages but most of it is on there and that's what counts. Here's an idea: maybe anything with incomplete pages or different directional text could be marked for a future revision when Kiwi isn't busy? That could work. :)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2314 by Kiwi
Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) has a tenner today with issues 84 - 93 now available thanks to Nipedley.

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, ed209, slider1983, Skipster, rekk1, Tricky, potjekoffie48, glassneedles, etphonehome1973, modgeezer and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2315 by Kiwi
JabbaTheGamer and Nipedley tag team us with XBM issues 18, 23 and 33

Download Here

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2319 by Kiwi
More Game Developer issues tonight as Jason cranks up the output on his trusty IX500 :)

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: slider1983, rekk1, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2320 by kitsunebi

My scan of Dengeki G's Magazine issue 25 is now available. It was brought to my attention that some people may not know what this magazine is about since it doesn't feature games/characters that Westerners are familiar with. Nevertheless, I assure you that this is a gaming mag from cover to cover, and while it features some PC gaming coverage, it is primarily focused on console games. In this issue, for example, is coverage of games for the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, and Wonder Swan (and PC). It's true that almost none of these games were ever released outside of Japan, but that's true of the VAST majority of Japanese games. The games in Dengeki G's Magazine (the "G" stands for "girls") are mostly bishoujo games falling into the dating sim/visual novel genres, with a few RPGs for good measure. As an aside, this is one of the few gaming mags still being published in Japan today.

Download Here
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwi, bigkev, gladiator, slider1983, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2321 by Kiwi
Thanks for the explanation. For the uneducated like myself it's pretty easy to work out tiles like Dengeki Nintendo but this title was hard to place unlike Tech Gian which is very , um, obvious in what it's all about. :lol:

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2323 by Kiwi
PC Gamer (USA) gets some lovin' today with issues 211, 212, 213, 214 and 216 added to the download area. From issue 218 onwards I have TruePDF versions off iTunes so it's great to see these pre-digital issues.

Download Here
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Kiwi.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2325 by Kiwi
Also flying on the backs of JabbaTheGamer and Nipedley we have XBN (Xbox Nation) issues 17, 18, 19, 21 and 22. This is another mystery title for me. :woohoo:

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason, bigkev, slider1983, Skipster, rekk1, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2326 by Kiwi
Slip-streaming those comes Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) issues 94, 95, 97 and 113. Awesome!!

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: ed209, Mark, slider1983, Skipster, rekk1, Tricky, potjekoffie48, glassneedles, etphonehome1973, modgeezer and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2327 by Kiwi
Added placeholder pages with cover images for PC Gamer (USA) digital issues 219 - 225 as I start to get these decrypted and added to the Archived section.

More as an FYI at the present time as these are available digitally from the publisher so we cannot make them available at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, Skipster, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2329 by gladiator
Replied by gladiator on topic New Releases 09/20

kitsunebi wrote:

My scan of Dengeki G's Magazine issue 25 is now available. It was brought to my attention that some people may not know what this magazine is about since it doesn't feature games/characters that Westerners are familiar with. Nevertheless, I assure you that this is a gaming mag from cover to cover, and while it features some PC gaming coverage, it is primarily focused on console games. In this issue, for example, is coverage of games for the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, and Wonder Swan (and PC). It's true that almost none of these games were ever released outside of Japan, but that's true of the VAST majority of Japanese games. The games in Dengeki G's Magazine (the "G" stands for "girls") are mostly bishoujo games falling into the dating sim/visual novel genres, with a few RPGs for good measure. As an aside, this is one of the few gaming mags still being published in Japan today.

Download Here

Thanks for the upload, kitsunebi.

But is anyone else having troubles downloading this one? I press the download button and nothing happens.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2330 by Kiwi
Not sure what the problem was but someone had downloaded it as the stats show that. I replaced the download link though so give it another try. It might be related to Available Bandwidth? Here's stats for account 2 ...... showing 8.11MB of bandwidth ...... ??????

While on the subject stats seeing as transparency is always good take a look at account #1 ......

Just to give some clarity on the stats 250,000 downloads occurred on account 1 while the site was open and freeloaders were leeching the crap out of the place with nary a thank you or donation in sight!!. Account 2 did not exist at that time so that means members have added another 100,000 downloads since we closed the download area to non-members. Crazy numbers for a tiny site like this one but the numbers don't lie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gladiator

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2331 by Kiwi
Jason scans several more issues of Game Developer with the Feb, May, June and December 2000 issues now available.

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, slider1983, rekk1, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, modgeezer, JabbaTheGamer, DrAdder

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds