New Releases 01/21

More
1 month 5 days ago #2747 by Kiwi
Replied by Kiwi on topic New Releases 01/21
The first five issues of a UK version of PC Games are now available. Too many damned mags with similar naming conventions for my liking!! :-p

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, Skipster, rekk1, Tricky, potjekoffie48, etphonehome1973, DrAdder

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2748 by kitsunebi
Replied by kitsunebi on topic New Releases 01/21

Kiwi wrote: The first five issues of a UK version of PC Games are now available.

Never heard of that one before. The covers looks soooooo "UK" to me. They remind me of the oversized weekly UK comic books from the 80s/90s.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2749 by Kiwi
Nothing like the USA version that's for certain.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2750 by slider1983
Replied by slider1983 on topic New Releases 01/21

Kiwi wrote: Nothing like the USA version that's for certain.

There has been a lot of great scans coming from Nipledly. How many do you think are left from his massive bundle?

kitsunebi wrote: Never heard of that one before. The covers looks soooooo "UK" to me. They remind me of the oversized weekly UK comic books from the 80s/90s.

Really, you think so? I always associated UK gaming cover artwork with Oliver Frey/Crash Magazine.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2753 by Kiwi

kitsunebi wrote:

Kiwi wrote: The first five issues of a UK version of PC Games are now available.

Never heard of that one before. The covers looks soooooo "UK" to me. They remind me of the oversized weekly UK comic books from the 80s/90s.

I didn't really look at the mag in my haste to get them online but they were created by EMAP. It all becomes clear now and explains why I had feelings of Deja Vu at the look of these as the style was distinctly similar to others like Commodore User, The One etc.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2754 by Kiwi
Speaking of PC Games (UK) issues 06 - 13 have been added to the download area.

Download Here
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, slider1983, Skipster, rekk1, Tricky, etphonehome1973, DrAdder

More
1 month 1 week ago #2755 by Kiwi
New updates will come into the Feb releases thread. Because these PC Games (UK) were the complete quantity received from Nipedley I decided to just throw them on the end of January which is Klingon for "I forgot"...... :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

More
1 month 6 days ago #2757 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic New Releases 01/21
Ah crap!!! It's February already? I've lost all track of space and time.

More
1 month 6 days ago #2762 by Tricky
Replied by Tricky on topic New Releases 01/21
I really love these PC Games magazine covers. I've always been more attracted to the UK range of gaming mags than the US. Their style and humour suits my personal preferences.

More
1 month 2 days ago #2780 by potjekoffie48
Replied by potjekoffie48 on topic New Releases 01/21
I also made a copy of these 13 magazines in 2020. I wanted to post them until I found a way to make an image of the accompanying diskettes. If an upload is still appreciated, please let me know. I haven't found a solution for the floppy disks yet, I don't know anyone with a floppy drive.

More
1 month 2 days ago #2781 by Kiwi
There will be a bit of a slow down around here for a couple of weeks while Jason and I get content loaded onto the new php-fusion platform. With the two of us uploading files this should speed up site releases in the future and I need to get several hundred files loaded to see if there are any impacts as more files are added so it's busy, busy on that site for the next few days.

The good news is, assuming the platform is stable etc, that any files you can see you can download. So when we add members over there, some magazines currently archived may end up available for downloading.

Bear with us while we push content onto the new site. Exciting times!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: larare, DrAdder

More
1 month 1 day ago #2786 by slider1983

Kiwi wrote: Bear with us while we push content onto the new site. Exciting times!!

So just to clarify will this website be mirrored or will this website be shut down for the one you've just got running? Also we'll we all have to re-register or will out logins be ported over to the new website?

More
1 month 1 day ago #2787 by Kiwi
Logins will be migrated as stated previously. I do not know your passwords however so a temporary password will be used and members will be emailed the details. It is therefore IMPORTANT that your email addresses are correct in your profile to ensure you get the relevant email.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slider1983

More
1 month 1 minute ago #2790 by Kiwi
All digital issues released by Future PLC for Official Xbox Magazine (USA) have been added to the new site. Additionally, JabbaTheGamer's new donations are getting added there as well. These are all available for members when you are migrated in a few weeks time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, slider1983, etphonehome1973, JabbaTheGamer

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2793 by Kiwi
All 114 issues of Official Nintendo (UK) have been added to the site. Just a few specials to add now. All will be available for members to download at the new site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, slider1983, etphonehome1973, mrmariomaster

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #2795 by Kiwi
Jason and I have been hammering away getting content added to the new site with nearly 1200 magazines added already. Xbox 360 Official (UK) has every issue (except #52 which we are missing) added to the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, ed209

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #2797 by slider1983

Kiwi wrote: Logins will be migrated as stated previously. I do not know your passwords however so a temporary password will be used and members will be emailed the details. It is therefore IMPORTANT that your email addresses are correct in your profile to ensure you get the relevant email.

That's great work. I look forward to being able to use the new website. :)

More
3 weeks 23 hours ago - 3 weeks 23 hours ago #2798 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic New Releases 01/21
We're just trying to get everything added as soon as possible at the moment. As each magazine is added manually, it takes a while :)
The second problem is that every single magazine is "new" as we add them, so it becomes really hard for you guys to see real new releases, they'll quickly get lost amongst all the existing magazines being added.

We are making good progress though, its quite therapuetic adding them while watching England get smashed at the cricket.

Ok ignore part of what I said, Kiwi is maintaining a new releases thread on the new site!
Last edit: 3 weeks 23 hours ago by Jason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, larare, thatretrovideogamer, ed209

More
1 week 1 day ago #2810 by Kiwi
Every issue of PlayStation Official (UK) up to and including the latest has been added to the new site. Obviously the digital issues available from Future themselves cannot be released until such time as they are no longer available. Due to the new download manager any issues not available to members will no longer be displayed but take my word for it ... they are all archived here!! New issues available to members however, include those scanned by Nipedley so plenty of new content to trawl through

We now have over 4200 files added and are working hard to get to the point where it is worthwhile cutting members over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigkev, ed209, etphonehome1973, dom282

More
1 week 28 minutes ago #2811 by Kiwi
Twenty five issues of PC Format donated by andynick and scanned by Nipedley of course, have been added to the new site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ed209, etphonehome1973, dom282

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds